|Game:||Kingdoms Rise: Scorching Clouds||Paylines:||n/a|
|Manufacturer:||Playtech||Bet Per Spin:||£0.10 – £300.00|
|Bonus Features:||Yes||Free Spins:||Yes|
|RTP:||97.06%||Game Type:||Arcade Slot|
Playtech’s Kingdoms Rise series of games have been causing something of a stir since their release and now we have one more to add to the list – it’s called Scorching Clouds and it extends the tales of this fantasy world while offering players two free spin modes, the progressive jackpot and some interesting gameplay.
Kingdoms Rise: Scorching Clouds plays out on the grid shown above and the aim is to create clusters of at least four matching symbols – those will then disappear and be replaced by more falling in from above which may enable the wins to continue. The action takes place in a steampunk-inspired vehicle floating high above this fantasy land.
The high value symbols include the characters from this story – Sir Jacob Deven, Eilana Toloune and Toredd Danerick – along with the telescope, the wrench and the hammer; red, blue, green and purple gems make up the lower values. The ship’s wheel is wild and it will replace all standard symbols to help form winning combos; the special symbols are the dragon head and the glowing blue egg.
If a wild or dragon egg symbol lands in one of the three marked areas at the bottom of the reels they’ll become spreading wilds and add between two and four extra wilds anywhere on the reels.
Dragon Egg Respins
Each time a dragon egg symbols lands on the reels it will be collected in the area at the top and when six have been obtained you’ll receive six respins; during these spins any clusters will remain on the reels while all others disappear. When there are no new wins the payout is made.
Landing three, four or five of the dragon head bonus symbols anywhere in view will award the following:
- Eight, Ten or Twelve Knight free spins in which any hammers landing next to a Knight will change into a Knight also (low variance option).
- Five, Six or Seven Empress free spins in which hammers, wrenches and telescopes next to the Empress will change into her (high variance option).
Tokens, Features and The Shop
Gold tokens appear overlaid on any symbol and they will be collected and added to the total on the right hand side when they turn up; players are now able to purchase bonus features from the shop. You can only pick certain features for specific slots – selecting a different one will take you to that game.
- Golden Wild Respins, 500/1000/1500 – awards the Captain’s Treasure feature with one, two or three moving wilds depending on the number of tokens.
- Hammer Respins, 400/1500 tokens – awards unlimited respins with wilds which freeze in place until the hammer lands on reel two and ends the round. The more expensive round has win multipliers up to 5x. Play at Reign Of Ice.
- Barbarian Respins, 800 tokens – awards respins in which barbarian landing can freeze on the reels and restart the spins; barbarians also raise the power bar which increases the win multiplier. Play at Reign Of Ice.
- Valkyrie Respins, 1000 tokens – awards respins in which valkyries land on the reels and freeze in place, restarting the spins; valkyries also award cash prizes with three on a reel awarding a 5x win multiplier. Play at Reign Of Ice.
- The Night Owl, 300/750/1500 tokens – awards three respins with a two position stack of wilds on each spin.Feathers on the reels award extra spins. The more expensive options award more wilds and more chances of feathers. Play at Forbidden Forest.
- The Queen’s Ritual, 300/750/1500 tokens – awards a picking round which reveals cash prizes; more expensive options offer more picks and prize multipliers. Play at Sands Of Fury
- Wild Vortex, 300/750/1500 tokens – a vortex lands on the reels flinging out two wilds which get pulled back towards it on each spin. More expensive options award more wilds. Play at Guardians Of The Abyss.
- The Wild Beast Respins, 500/1000/2000 tokens – awards five free spins with locked wilds in active positions. Play At Sands Of Fury.
- Dragon Egg Respins, 750 tokens – awards six respins with inverted cluster gameplay.
- Knight Free Games, 1000/1500/2000 tokens – awards free spins with hammer symbols adjacent to the Knight turning into Knight symbols.
- Empress Free Games, 1500/2250/3000 – awards free spins with wrenches, telescopes and hammers adjacent to the Empress turning into Empress symbols.
- Wild Drop Free Spins, 800/1600 tokens – awards free spins with sticky, multiplier wilds.
- Dragon Bonus 2000/4000 tokens – awards three respins to collect dragon eyes which lock in place; new dragon eyes reset the spins to three.
- Giant Respins – 300/500/750/1000 tokens – awards one spin with increased row heights on reels two, three and four with a wild added to reel three.
- Shadow Queen Magic Wins, 600/1200/1900/2700 – the reels spin with an increasing multiplier each time until the two wins have been achieved.
The three jackpots can be won any spin but note the following:
- Epic Jackpot – can be won on any spin.
- Power Strike Jackpot – must be won before the total reaches the amount shown above that total.
- Daily Strike Jackpot – must be won before the date and time reaches that shown above the total.
If Kingdoms Rise is the future of online slots then let’s have more of it – the features and graphics of the individual games, the linked tokens/shop and the progressive jackpots mean Scorching Clouds should be on everyone’s list to try.