|Manufacturer:||Yggdrasil||Bet Per Spin:||£0.10 – £125.00|
|Bonus Features:||Yes||Free Spins:||Yes|
|RTP:||96.30%||Game Type:||Video Slot|
We’re not quite sure whether to describe Sumo Wrestling as a sport but that’s not important right now because it’s the entertaining theme of this clever online slot from Yggdrasil Gaming; it’s called Yokozuna Clash and it features a free spins round in which one of five wrestlers will battle to win money for you.
Yokozuna Clash is a five reel slot with three rows and 243 way to win which means wins are possible as long as there are matching symbols on adjacent reels starting from the left hand side. Two big lads face each other across the Dohyo in front of those reels while the audience looks on expectantly from the darkness behind.
The four higher value symbols include the red bird, the purple tiger, the green snake and the blue dragon; playing card symbols in similar colours make up the lower values.
The wild is a silver and gold ‘Wild’ which will substitute for all standard symbols to help create winning matches; the bonus symbol is the silver Free Spins icon.
Sumo fighters appear in front of the reels and occasionally they’ll award mini-features; they also have a prt to play in the free spins:
- Riku (Blue) – can add up to two wilds to the reels in the base game and up to three in the free spins. Moves power meter by two places in free spins.
- Haru (Green) – can add a 2x/3x multiplier to any wins in the base game and 2x/4x in the free spins. Moves ower meter by two places in free spins.
- O’Conner (Scottish) – moves power meter by three places in free spins and adds a 2x/4x multiplier when moving the power meter to the left.
- Daisuke (Buff) – moves power meter by three places in the free spins and adds up to three wilds when pushing it left.
- Yokozuna (Demon) – only appears in the tournament finals but adds up to four wilds and a 2x/4x multiplier when moving the power meter left; also moves that power meter four places.
Tournament Free Spins
This is where the fun starts and it’s triggered by landing the Free Spins bonus symbols on reels one and five; a fighter and one of two opponents will be chosen for you with each winning combo left to right moving the power meter to the right and each left to right combo moving the power meter the other way. The features listed above apply at various times and you’ll win if your fighter on the left moves the power meter all the way to the right.
A win will advance your fighter to the finals where you’ll fight Yokozuna for big wins.
On each 5-of-a-kind win the Sumo Clash is triggered and the fighters on screen will clash and up to four matching symbols from that winning combo will be added to other reel positions.
Yokozuna Clash is a brilliant slot with one of the most creative bonus features we’ve seen; there’s always something happening, mostly involving those Sumos at the front and this game comes highly recommended.