|Game:||Towering Pays Excalibur||Paylines:||15-65|
|Manufacturer:||Yggdrasil||Bet Per Spin:||£0.25 – £25.00|
|Bonus Features:||Yes||Free Spins:||No|
|RTP:||95.58%||Game Type:||Video Slot|
King Arthur and his gang of lordly followers have been the inspiration for a fair number of online slots and now there’s one more to add to the list, courtesy of Yggdrasil Gaming/Gati – it’s called Towering Pays Excalibur and it comes with loads of themed features which include expanding reels, various free spin modes, Win Spins and the Hold & Spin respins.
Towering Pays Excalibur takes place against the familiar backdrop of Camelot with its neat ramparts and fluttering flags – the game starts with five reels, three rows and fifteen paylines but these can increase as we shall see below!
The higher value symbols include representations of characters from the King Arthur legends such as Merlin, Morgana, Guinevere and Lancelot along with a horse and wolf; lower values include colourful playing card symbols. Arthur is the wild and the special symbols are Excalibur and the Feature Wheel.
Towering Pays Excalibur Bonus Features
Excalibur Magic & Stage Play
Excalibur appears on reels one, two and three in the base game, it’s stacked and when it lands it will transform into matching symbols, hopefully leading to a win. If a win is the result then one row and ten paylines are added to the reels – this can continue until there are eight rows and sixty five paylines. The reels will remain in this state until the Avalon feature has been triggered.
This is triggered by landing three of the Feature Wheels on reels one, three and five and you will of course receive one spin on this wheel; these are the outcomes:
- Initial Wheel – Lancelot free spins, Win Spins or a spin of the Second Wheel.
- Second Wheel – Merlin free spins, Win Spins or a spin of the Third Wheel.
- Third Wheel – Arthur free spins, Win Spins or a spin of the Fourth Wheel.
- Fourth Wheel – Camelot free spins or Win Spins.
Win Spins are spins of the reels with reels one, two and three full of Excaliburs for guaranteed wins.
- Lancelot Free Spins – awards six free spins with a chance of a random win multiplier and an extra spin every time Excalibur appears on reels one, two and three,
- Merlin Free Spins – awards six free spins with a guaranteed random win multiplier and an extra spin every time Excalibur appears on reels one, two and three.
- Arthur Free Spins – awards six free spins with a chance of a random win multiplier and an extra spin every time Excalibur appears on reels one, two and three; Excalibur can also land on reel four.
- Camelot Free Spins – awards six free spins with a chance of a random win multiplier and an extra spin every time Excalibur appears on reels one, two and three and four (or on all reels when maximum row height is reached).
This is activated by landing Excalibur anywhere on reels one, two and three when the rows have reached their maximum height; here you’ll get to spin another wheel which awards similar prizes to the Feature Wheel. When this bonus has ended the rows return to their initial starting height.
This is an optional extra bet which will add 60% to your stake but which will allow the Hold & Spin feature to be triggered; it can be activated via Excalibur Magic or as a prize awarded from any of the Feature Wheels.
Hold & Spin
During Excalibur Magic the symbols revealed by the sword can be shields as well as regular ones and if at least six shields are in view then Hold & Spin is activated. Each shield is given a cash value and is locked in place – you’ll get three respins to land more and each time they do the respins are reset again. When the spins run out the cash values are totalled and awarded.
|Towering Pays Excalibur is one of the more complex slots we’ve tried for a while and it certainly catches the eye with its regular expanding reels and increasing number of paylines; the myriad features are all interesting and we also like the option to use the Quest Bet for a bit more excitement. The RTP of 95.68% is just about acceptable.|
Towering Pays Excalibur FAQs
|Tell me the basic details!
Towering Pays Excalibur is a video slot from Yggdrasil Gaming/Gati with five reels and between 15 & 65 paylines.
|How much per spin?
It costs between £0.25 and £25.00 per spin.
|Does it have any bonus features?|
Yes! Free spins, Hold & Spin, Win Spins, Feature Wheels, Excalibur Magic and the Quest Bet.
|What’s the RTP?
The Return To Player percentage listed by the developer for Towering Pays Excalibur is 95.68% but always check your casino because it may differ.
|How To Win On Towering Pays Excalibur?
Create winning combinations by matching at least three symbols or wilds starting from the left hand side. Trigger one of the features.
|Where can I play Towering Pays Excalibur?
You can play this slot at the casino listed above or just click the button below to head straight there.