|Manufacturer:||Yggdrasil||Bet Per Spin:||£0.10 – £200.00|
|Bonus Features:||Yes||Free Spins:||Yes|
|RTP:||96.10%||Game Type:||Video Slot|
The travels of a Silk Road trader in centuries past is the theme of this online slot from Yggdrasil Gaming; it’s called Aldo’s Journey and we follow our title character across Europe and Asia as he searches for free spins and wild features.
Aldo’s Journey is a five reel slot with five rows and sixty five fixed paylines; look closely at those reels and you’ll see they are split into four sections around the central position – each section of six positions relates to the country close by in the background, clockwise from top left they are Italy, Mongolia, China and Persia.
Four gems in red, green, blue amd purple are the hgher value symbols while playing card symbols in red, yellow, green and blue represent the lower values.
The gold coin and Aldo are wild and both replace all standard symbols to help form winning combinations – Aldo jumps about are his position determines which free spins mode will be activated. The compass is the bonus symbol.
Aldo’s Journey Bonus Features
This is triggered when Aldo lands on the centre reel position – up to nine wild symbols are added to the reels and any wins multiplied by between 2x and 4x.
Landing at least three of the compass symbols anywhere in view will trigger seven free spins withthe position of Aldo determining which country/free spins are awarded:
- Italy – starts with a 2x win multiplier which increases by 1x each spin.
- Mongolia – all instances of one symbol are removed from the reels on each spin.
- Persian – one sticky wild is added to the reels on each spin.
- China – Aldo leaves a trail of wilds behind him and the round starts with a 2x multiplier.
- Journey – if Aldo is on the centre position when the bonus is triggered the spins correspond to wherever Aldo is on each free spin; this mode is also worth an extra free spins.
Aldo’s Journey is a colourful and enjoyable slot with a clever narrative that works well with the gameplay; mediaeval trading has never been so much fun!