|Game:||Queen of the Castle||Paylines:||576|
|Manufacturer:||NextGen||Bet Per Spin:||£0.40 – £100.00|
|Bonus Features:||Yes||Free Spins:||Yes|
|RTP:||96.51%||Game Type:||Video Slot|
In centuries past it wasn’t just men who rose to power through the lottery of lineage – women did too and this online slot from NextGen Gaming is themed on one such fictional ruler; she’s the Queen of the Castle and she reigns over a land in which bonus features and free spins are bestowed upon its citizens.
Queen of the Castle is a five reel slot with three or four rows and five hundred and seventy six ways to win; the reels spin within the halls of the castle which stands on a small island within a lake – ideal protection from external invaders.
The high value symbols include the game’s logo, a small dog, a pouch of gold, a plush red chair and four gems of orange, pink, blue and green; J, Q, K and A make up the lower values.
The Queen is wild and she will substitute for all others to help form winning combinations except for the shield bonus symbol.
This is triggered by landing three shield bonus symbols anywhere on reels two, three and four and you will be awarded fourteen free spins; a crown symbol now replaces the bonus on reels two, three and four and each time one lands the Tower Meter is filled slightly. You will now progress through various levels of upgrades:
- Level One – awards two extra free spins and one extra symbol position on reels two, three and four; total paylines now 1125.
- Level Two – awards two extra free spins and one extra symbol position on reels two, three and four; total paylines now 1944.
- Level Three – awards two extra free spins and one extra symbol position on reels two, three and four; total paylines now 3087.
- Level Four – awards a maximum of six extra spins.
After level four you can keep filling the meter to receive six more free spins.
Red & Purple Chests
The red and purple chests offer the following features for filling up reels one and five respectively:
- Red Chests – all lower value symbols (J, Q, K, A) are removed from reels two, three, four and five and replaced by red chests; after the next spin those chests will transform into one of the higher value symbols.
- Purple Chests – all gem symbols and red chests on reels one, two, three and four are replaced by purple chests and after the next spin those chests in view will transform into one of the higher value symbols.
If reels one or five are partially filled by their respective chests, there’s a chance that the reel will be nudged to fill that reel and trigger the feature.
This can occur randomly before any spin and you will see vines wrap around reels two, three and four; these symbols will match and lock together for the next spin.
Queen of the Castle is a slot with plenty of bonus features to offer along with some cute, cartoonish graphics and charming sound effects; it’s fast-moving and not too tricky to trigger the bonuses, especially with the red and purple chests. This game comes with an RTP of 96.51%.