|Manufacturer:||IGT||Bet Per Spin:||£0.50 – £10.00|
|Bonus Features:||Yes||Free Spins:||Yes|
|RTP:||92.50% – 96.05%||Game Type:||Video Slot|
It’s one of the funniest shows on television and now you can finally spin the reels on an official Family Guy online slot. IGT have developed this game and it is of course similar to their physical slot which is already available in bricks and mortar casinos – it comes complete with loads of bonus games so check out the full review below.
Family Guy is a five reel slot with three rows and thirty fixed paylines; the backdrop to the reels is the Griffin’s familiar front room and various characters pop up at the top to quote some of the better-known lines. Original music from the show completes the sound effects.
The six main characters – Peter, Lois, Brian, Stewie, Chris and Meg – are the high value symbols while the others are Stewie’s ray gun, his teddy bear, a television and a beer bottle.
The game’s logo is wild and substitutes for all others except the ‘World Bonus’ scatter icon – the key to most of the bonus games.
This is triggered by landing three of the World Bonus scatter symbols anywhere on reels two, three and four. Stewie will now prompt you to spin the globe to determine which of the following three games you will play:
- Chicken Fight – initially you must pick either Peter or the chicken as your fighter and they will compete over three rounds. If you’re chosen fighter wins the round you get to pick 4 – 7 money bags, if they lose it’s 1 – 3. Each round won by your fighter increases the prize multiplier.
- Lois’ Hot Free Spins – you receive ten free spins initially and each time Peter’s wild heart symbols lands on reel five part of the meter below the reels will fill up. Each completed Lois on the meter turns that symbol wild for the rest of the spins as you can see from the video above. Landing Quagmire on reel three will award an extra five spins up to a maximum of thirty.
- Drunken Clam – Pick one of the four characters to being with – Peter, Quagmire, Cleveland and Joe; now you get to play a number of rounds during which you select a beer tap. The tap awards a prize and one of the characters may pass out, as long as your character stays upright the rounds continue. After round ten a character passes out on each round and when all characters have succumbed the round is over.
Griffin Family Mystery Feature
This is a randomly-triggered feature which can occur on any spin in which a bonus symbol doesn’t appear on reel two. There are four possible ones:
- Peter – Peter will walk onto the reels and fart, displaying a prize amount of up to 5000x the coin value.
- Stewie – Up to three wild symbols will appear on a single reel.
- Lois – Lois will designate up to three family members and values; each of those symbols which lands on the next spin will award that value.
- Brian – Brian can trigger the World Bonus if two of three of the scatter symbols appear on reels three or four.
Family Guy is an absolutely superb slot which retains the atmosphere of the television show extremely well and provides plenty of laughs along the way. All the main characters are here and it seems easy to trigger the World Bonus and the Griffin Family Mystery Feature. The RTP ranges from 92.50% – 96.05%.