|Manufacturer:||Microgaming||Bet Per Spin:||£0.30 – £30.00|
|Bonus Features:||Yes||Free Spins:||Yes|
|RTP:||Unknown||Game Type:||Video Slot|
Avalon II has arrived on our screens at last and this brand new online slot from Microgaming seems to have been in the pipeline for some time now. It’s clearly a sequel to Avalon and based on the legend of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. It all starts promisingly with a polished intro movie and some great sound effects so read on to finds out more.
Avalon II plays out over five reels and 243 fixed paylines – that’s Microgaming’s way of dispensing with the usual payline structure and just paying out as long matching symbols are in adjacent rows.
The Avalon II logo is wild, the Lady of the Lake is also wild but only appears on reel three and will expand to cover all positions and then there’s a Holy Grail symbol which kicks off the features.
Grail Quest Feature
This is the main focus of Avalon II and the only way to reach this feature is to land three or more of the Holy Grail symbols anywhere on the reels. There are a number of different games through which you must progress to reach your final destination; each time you trigger the feature you’ll play the next game and they are explained below:
- Lake Of Legend – You’ll get ten rolls of the dice to try and reforge Excalibur, each roll will win you a cash rewards as you can see from the video below.
- Misty Vale – Here you receive 15 free spins with an extra wild of your choice.
- Choose Your Path – Now you get to choose between the following three games:
- Whispering Woods – Choose one of five shields for a prize; you can keep it or pick another but you only get three picks in total.
- Forest Falls – You get 20 free spins with trailing wilds – these are wild which move from top to bottom of the reels, leaving a trail behind them.
- Dusky Moors – You are shown a number of helmets and you must find the matching pair; however the more incorrect choices you make, the higher the multiplier applied to the final prize.
- Morgan’s Keep – More free spins here, 20 this time with Rolling Reels which means symbols in winning combos will disappear to be replaced by more symbols, potentially making more winning lines.
- Hall Of Shadows – Battle the Black Knight here and win prizes for each successful strike or block you manage.
- Isle Of Avalon – This is the final feature and you will get to spin a succession of Wheels Of Avalon; if you can land the golden ‘0’ on the third wheel the prizes will be increased.
Merlin is a randomly appearing reward which will occur occasionally and give you either a cash prize or a multiplier.
Avalon II Online Slot Playing Tips
Everything is fixed here apart from the wager amount but we would advise to keep going to make sure you can access all those bonus features – that’s where the the big bucks are hidden.
This certainly is a cutting edge game with some very impressive graphics, animations and sound effects. The inclusion of loads of features means that this should appeal to pretty much all slots fans so check it out as soon as possible.