|Bet Per Spin:
|£0.20 – £100.00
The idea of turning base metal into gold never really had any legs but that concept has provided the inspiration for a fair few online slot machines including this one from Microgaming/all41studios – it’s called Alchemy Fortunes and it uses a Hypercluster payline mechanic to award plenty of base game features and free spins.
Alchemy Fortunes plays out on the 7×7 gameplay area you can see above and the task is to create horizontal and/or vertical clusters of at least five matching symbols which will then disappear and allow more symbols to fall into the playing area.
All the action takes place on some sort of altar where magic spells seem to be the key to turning base metals into gold and jewels.
The four high value symbols are coloured potions in vials while the lower values are gems in similar colours; the blue portal is wild and it will replace everything else to help form winning combos – between there and six can be added to the reels on a non-winning spin.
Alchemy Fortunes Bonus Features
Magic Potion Meter
Every symbol in a winning combo contributes towards filling up the Magic Potion Meter and every twenty symbols will award a new bonus feature:
- Potion Swap (20 symbols) – all potion vials transform into matching ones.
- Summon Wilds (40 symbols) – up to six wild symbols are added to the reels.
- Gem Crush (60 symbols) – all low value symbols are removed and replaced with new ones.
- Alchemy Of Wilds (80 symbols) – when a wild symbol lands it’s position is noted and when this feature is activated all those positions become wild.
- Fortune Free Spins (100 symbols) – awards five free spins which can be retriggered in the same way.
It’s quite tough to trigger the first level of this feature but once that’s done it seems to become easier to progress up the levels for the final free spins round.
We always like the cluster-based games for a bit of an arcade diversion and Alchemy Fortunes hits the mark with it’s clever gameplay and Magic Potion Meter – highly recommended!