|Manufacturer:||Leander Games||Bet Per Spin:||£0.20 – £20.00|
|Bonus Features:||Yes||Free Spins:||Yes|
|RTP:||93.00%||Game Type:||Video Slot|
|Mr Smith Casino||£200 Welcome Bonus (T&C Apply)||Visit||Review|
The mighty Roman empire may be long gone but it’s influence is still felt in various walks of life and obviously none more important than the online slot machine; here we have one more to demonstrate from Leander Games, it’s called Ave Caesar and it’s loaded with bonus features.
Ave Caesar is a five reel slot with three rows and twenty fixed paylines; a paved square filled with temples, administrative buildings and viaducts forms the backdrop to those ornate golden reels and in the top right hand corner the progressive jackpot ticks slowly upwards.
The four higher value symbols are the game’s logo, a legionnaire, a centurion and a brown-haired lady; appropriately I, II, III, IV and V represent the lower values.
Caesar himself is wild and he will substitute for all others to help form winning combinations except for the SPQR (Senatus Populus Que Romanus) bonus icon.
This is triggered by landing three bonus symbols on reels one, three and five although the one on the fifth reel is slightly different and determines which of four features are awarded:
- Caesar’s Conquests – this is a slightly un-PC picking round in which Caesar picks from three tents trying to find a girl who will keep him company (and award some cash) for a while; if he finds a girl he can select from another group of tents and this continues until something other than a girl answers.
- The Roman Empire – pick territories to conquer from the map of Europe shown and keep doing so (and winning money) until your troops are all dead.
- Glory Of Rome Free Spins – awards ten free spins with sticky wilds which can remain stuck for up to three spins; a +1 on reel five awards an extra spin.
- Druid Free Spins – awards up to ten free spins with either multiplier wilds, symbols I and II as wilds, sticky wilds or a wild reel; a potion on reel five may award extra spins, instant wins, more wilds or a win multiplier.
There’s also a gamble feature after the bonus trigger in which you can try and shoot an arrow for a better result.
On any spin one of the following features can be randomly awarded:
- Hannibal’s Heroes – elephants will stampede across the screen, creating wild reels as they go.
- The Gaul – this is a bit bizarre but it involves stones being chucked at a Gaul and ending up on the reels where they all transform into matching symbols. There’s also a multiplier if you’re lucky.
- Ave Caesar – awards a picking round in which you can win one of the main bonus rounds, a five of a kind win or a big win.
- Centurion Maximus – legionnaires appear on screen and create a 2×2 or 3×3 symbol on the reels.
Ave Progressive Jackpot
This is won randomly on any spin but the higher your stake, the better chance of winning it. When it reaches a certain level it’s guaranteed to be awarded.
Ave Caesar is one of the most bonus-packed slots we’ve seen but there’s nothing too confusing here; there’s plenty of humour behind the gameplay as well and this is a game we’ve enjoyed playing, even if the RTP is a little low at 93.00%.