|Manufacturer:||Play N Go||Bet Per Spin:||£0.50 – £100.00|
|Bonus Features:||Yes||Free Spins:||Yes|
|RTP:||95.00%||Game Type:||Video Slot|
|Mr Smith Casino||£200 Welcome Bonus||Visit||Review|
|Casumo||£1200 Welcome Bonus & 200 Free Spins||Visit||Review|
|Mr Green Casino||£100 Welcome Bonus + 100 Free Spins||Visit||Review|
Gemix is a brand new slot from Play N Go which falls squarely into the category of an arcade game. It’s colourful, extremely playable and very addictive so be warned that you may lose a chunk of your day by firing it up. The ability to progress through various worlds adds a definite replay value to affairs so keep reading to find you more.
Gemix is played on 7 x 7 grid and it could be described as a gem dropping game in the manner of Candy Crush or similar. The background is lovely and colourful and to the left of the grid there’s a record of gems matched in the current spin; to the right is the pattern we are trying to match, all of which are explained in more detail below.
The basic object of Remix is to make groups of five or more gems of the same colour; these can join anyway except diagonally. Gems which match will disappear, leaving spaces for more to drop into their spaces and create more groups.
These are a series of bonus features which are activated by collecting 20 or more gems in one spin. Four are available which are randomly awarded in the spinning ball to the right of the grid:
- Nova Blast – One gem explodes, destroying all adjacent symbols.
- Crystal Warp – One random symbol is picked and all matching ones are transformed into others symbols.
- Light Beam – One symbol blasts a ray of light horizontally and vertically, transforming those symbols into matching ones.
- Chain Lightning – A flash of lightning joins two opposing corners, changing all symbols in it’s path to match those corners.
If you collect 40 or more gems a 3x multiplier is awarded for the current spin.
There are three worlds through which to travel and three levels within each world. Levels are completed by matching gems on top of the patterns you can see underneath those gems.
There’s a ‘World Bonus’ amount which increases slightly with each win and you collect this amount when you progress to another world. The faster you manage this, the smaller the bonus will be.
Each world has a special wild attached and these are triggered random on any non-winning spin:
- World One – up to ten miners lamp wild symbols are added to the grid.
- World Two – the lolly pop wild will spread across the screen.
- World Three – up to 8 spell book sticky wilds can be added to the grid and these will remain in place as long as you continue to make gem matches.
This is just a brilliant game although our view may be coloured by the fact we’ve been in profit constantly since we started playing. It’s action-packed, it looks good and it’s extremely addictive.